Day in and day out, we hear the need to have a gallbladder flush to remain healthy.Is a flush healthy?I take exception to this idea based upon the experience I have had with thousands of customers and their digestive experiences.A flush no, but a cleanse is an absolute yes!
First and most importantly, digestive health is not only important, but critical for a happy and healthy body.Secondly, flushes in my estimation can be harmful, but a cleanse is helpful, beneficial, and most importantly healthy for all of us.
Let me explain my definition and what I see are the differences between a cleanse and a flush.
- A flush is generally a laxative based action that aggressively clears content from the gallbladder and colon.One of the more popular flushes is the Hulda Clark flush using Epsom Salt, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.
- Inversely, a cleanse is mild, slower, yet effective in accomplishing a similar cleansing action while using the body’s own natural bile and digestive juices to cleanse the gallbladder and the colon without the need to be incapacitated for as long as 3-4 days.
- Additionally, it may be noted that a flush, with the aggressive nature of it, can push gallstones down into the bile ducts causing blockage and obstruction. When this occurs, this can be extremely dangerous if not fatal.
- A cleanse can normally act as a scrubber in the sense that it is eliminating debris and sludge and stones, yet not having the laxative force to push stones out of the gallbladder that are too large to pass.(5 millimeters generally speaking)
- A flush creates diarrhea whereas a cleanse allows for one to pursue normal daily activities without the need to stay by the bathroom for at least 3 days.
- A cleanse increases bowel movement and can in fact regulate daily bowel movements.A flush is a onetime activity with little long term benefit.
- A flush has no balancing effect on the system.It does not balance bile levels, mineral levels, or pH levels long term.This is the fast train going through your digestive system with no stops along the way.
- A cleanse allows for the absorption of minerals, vitamins, herbal bile enhancers and the rebalancing of the digestive system.
- A cleanse and cleansing action can take place daily.When we create a balance within the system, proper bile levels exist, proper flushing of the gallbladder takes place daily without excessive mineral accumulation occurring and a high metabolic level is maintained.When this occurs, weight gain is minimized and subsequent symptoms of IBS, acid reflux, indigestion, crohns disease, esophageal issues and many seemingly unrelated symptomatic conditions do not exist.
The Drawbacks of using Oil and Epsom Salt.
- Oils, fat and grease are what cause the slowdown in the gallbladder in the first place.Why would you add more fuel to the flame if digestive issues are already present.Natural oils in general terms are great for cooking, but when taken directly in high concentrations, they are too rich for the digestive system to work with and turn to sludge in the gallbladder and digestive tract.Take moderate amounts of healthy oil with meals for better absorption.
- Epsom salt in literal terms is Magnesium Sulfate. Taken internally it can dehydrate the kidneys and digestive system.Dehydration in the kidneys can cause damage and is the initiator for overly concentrated urine which can lead to kidney stones.This process can take between 6 to 18 months to manifest itself.As explained before, due to the intensity and aggressive laxative nature of a flush, little if any absorption can occur.Although magnesium is vital for proper body chemical balance, high concentrations without food and liquids can lead to problems.
- Epsom salt is wonderful for baths, soaking,
- Epsom salt and oil create the sludge balls within the body recognized as gallstones when doing an oil, Epsom salt and lemon juice flush.Never is it normal or common that a person may have as many as 2000 gallstones just sitting in your gallbladder.This is an abnormality to say the least.
What cannot emphasize enough the importance of digestive health.One should truly believe that “We are what we eat”.With a western diet, we daily consume more meat, oils, fats, not to mention chemicals and preservatives than we ever should.At a minimum,a 6 month cleanse can keep us on track.Monthly or daily cleansing can even be more beneficial in avoiding potential digestive problems.
Remember that genetics, exercise and activity levels, and diet all play an important part in digestive health.If one of more of these factors do not way in your favor, it may be time for a healthy cleanse.